With all the different types of oil used for oil changes in Norwalk, OH, it is difficult to determine what is actually good for your car or merely a marketing scam to encourage you to spend more money on a different product. But if your vehicle hits the 75,000-mile mark and you wish to use it for a long time, high mileage oil should definitely be a consideration. Here are five reasons why.
- Reduced leaks: Older vehicles leak, and those who own them are fairly accustomed to scrubbing fluid puddles out of their driveways. This arises from seal degradation as the rubber components lose condition with age. High mileage oils normally include a seal conditioner, which will reduce this decay and the leaks. If you start using a high mileage oil early, you may avoid this deterioration altogether. Otherwise, you can at least enjoy less of a mess when your car has been parked for a while.
- Additional additives: The internal combustible engine goes through violent processes to keep your car running, and the heat, pressure and contact means various components will eventually wear out. High mileage oil offers anti-wear additives that not only keep seals intact, but also offers protection against use-related corrosion. Metal-on-metal wear increases as cars age, and adding that extra lubrication can reduce those effects. There are also detergents and anti-sludge additives that flush away these corrosive elements while also helping your engine run cleaner and better.
- Restore parts: Not only can the elements in high mileage oil protect your car’s parts, but it can also reverse damage. People frequently report leaks going away as the conditioners restore the seals. Oil lines packed with debris clear out, and gas mileage improves. Basically, by taking advantage of the cleaning and preserving qualities of high mileage oil, problems that lingered for a long while could clear up.
- Engines run cleaner: Older cars frequently produce a bluish smoke. This often happens due to internal leaks and sludge buildup. Once people start using high mileage oil regularly, they find that the smell of burning oil and the colored smoke both go away. Just like the conditioners help maintain seals, they also reduce elements that contribute to the burning oil effect. The result is a vehicle that pollutes much less.
- Longer engine life: Regular maintenance and performing minor repairs before they become major are big steps in keeping your vehicle running for the long term. Adding specialized oil is also a good step, as all of its benefits come together to contribute to a longer-lasting engine. Even though you will spend extra for each oil change, it will pay you back with fewer costly repairs.
Whether you have a new vehicle or you need maintenance for your old stand-by, Hy-Tek Truck & Auto Center in Norwalk, OH offers quality oil changes. We not only offer professional high-quality service, but we can answer all your questions about what oil is right for your car. Call us today to receive customized service for your vehicle.