The summer months are here, which means the AC is cranked 24/7 in many of the warmest cities in America. This is especially true in vehicles making long commutes to and from work every single day. Air conditioning is definitely a must-have feature in a vehicle, and when it stops working correctly, it’s important to get it fixed right away.
Here are a few signs you need to have an auto mechanic in Norwalk, OH take a look at your vehicle’s air conditioning:
- No cold air: This is the easiest sign that you need to have your air conditioning repaired. Obviously, if you are not getting cold air coming through your vehicle, you have a problem with the system. It might be something as simple as being out of refrigerant or clogged vents and filters. It could also be something as complicated as damaged fans. Regardless of the cause, not having cold air coming through your vents means you need to inspect the system.
- Strange noises: If your air conditioning is working but you are hearing weird noises coming through the vents, this could be a sign of something wrong within your system. It could potentially be exterior debris clogging the unit. However, it could also be a part of the system that is coming loose and getting close to breaking. To be on the safe side, you should avoid using your air conditioning if possible until the problem has been addressed.
- Bad smells: You should never experience bad smells coming through your vents. These smells could be caused by any number of things. For example, a smell of burning rubber would indicate something being wrong with a belt or filter, while a smell of dampness or stale air could be indicative of mold.
- Water in the vehicle: In a well-functioning air conditioning system, water will drain out of the bottom of your car. However, if something is wrong with the drainage system such as a clog or malfunctioning part, that water could start leaking inside your vehicle instead. It will usually show up under the dashboard, close to the front air mats. If you notice this happening in your vehicle, you should bring it to the repair shop to get it checked out.
- Leaks: One sign of a leak in the air conditioning system is low air pressure. In most cases, however, leaks are quite small and difficult to spot. Usually they are best identified by trained professionals. So if you have problems getting your AC to work correctly but aren’t exactly sure what the cause of the issue is, this could be it.
In general, air conditioning issues are not matters of extreme importance within a vehicle. But when the weather gets hot, it can be unbearable to go without air conditioning for an extended period of time. Therefore, you should call an auto mechanic in Norwalk, OH at Hy-Tek Truck & Auto Center LTD to schedule an appointment for your air conditioning repairs. We look forward to working with you.